How to ask Tarot questions to get the most effective guidanceOct 03, 2022
The Tarot is a blueprint of consciousness that outlines our journey through life, both spiritually and practically.
Tarot is a reflection of your subconscious. How or IF you take action is up to you.
Mindset is everything
An open, relaxed mindset can help you get a clearer, more accurate reading.
Don’t fret if you are a bit nervous while getting your Tarot reading… An anxious mindset is not necessarily going to negatively affect your reading. However, your day-to-day mindset can and does manifest what your future looks like.
Ask questions that are open-ended.
Asking yes or no questions is not advisable. This is not a way to gain the most knowledge.Tarot is typically very conversational and rich with lots of nuggets of insight. And, I LOVE conversation!
Here is an example of an open ended question
Don’t: “Will I get the job?”
Do: “How can I advance in my career?”
Be clear and concise with your questions. Look inward, and focus on where exactly you want guidance, and be open to taking “advice” over straight “answers.”
Framing your question in a more open-ended format, instead of, ‘Am I ever going to marry X,’ you could ask ‘What would be the outcome if I marry X?’ This way of asking expands the conversation and gives deeper insight into whether you should marry X.
Keep your questions focused on yourself.
It can be very tempting to bring questions about others to your session but over time I have come to discover that asking about others is very unproductive when it comes to helping you.
Here is an example:
Don’t: “Does X have feelings for someone else?”
Do: “How can I strengthen the bond between me and X?”
More ways to phrase relationship questions…
- What should I look for in a partner?
- How am I holding myself back from finding true love?
- What do I need to work on in order to be happy in my lovelife?
- How can I stop repeating past love mistakes?
- Am I ready for a new relationship?
- What do I really need in a romantic relationship?
- Are me and my partner going in the right direction?
- How can I improve my relationship?
- What did I learn from the relationship with my ex?
- What will happen if I get back with my ex?
- How did breaking up with my ex serve me?
- How can I best move on from my ex?
- What do I need to know about my current relationship?
Take ownership of the situation
No place for the blame game – take ownership
It can be very tempting to shirk responsibility when things go off course. Playing the victim is never a healthy or productive space to occupy. Victim energy takes away your power. It is the intention of Tarot to empower you with insights that will elevate your vibration.
Check the empowering frequency around asking this question differently
Don’t: “Will I win the lottery?”
Do: “What can I do to improve my financial situation? What blocks me from financial success and how can I overcome it?”
Don’t: “Did I do the right thing?”
Do: “What do I need to do right now to make the most of this situation?”
List of effective questions to ask during your Tarot reading
General Tarot Card Questions
- What do I need to know right now about myself or this situation?
- What is the biggest obstacle that stands in my way right now?
- What lesson do I need to learn to overcome my challenges?
- What is the biggest influence on my life right now?
- What are my greatest strengths or weaknesses?
- What should I be focusing on right now?
Love Tarot Card Questions
- How can I attract a partner that will align with my highest self?
- What stands in the way of me finding love?
- How can I strengthen the relationship between me and my partner?
- How can I best overcome this issue in my relationship?
- What connects us in this relationship?
Work / Career Tarot Card Questions
- What line of work can I go that will be the most fulfilling?
- What blocks me from achieving my full potential?
- What actions can I take right now that will help me further my career?
- How can I better communicate with my current employer?
Finances Tarot Card Questions
- What is my biggest financial obstacle right now?
- What is my attitude towards finances?
- How can I find material success?
What I’d like you to take away is this… Tarot is neutral. The guidance it offers is to offer you perspectives and choices you may not be aware of. Your life IS a co-creative effort. The future is in fluid and is based on the action you take today.
Want a private reading? Book it here
Love and Light,